Vietnam boasts an abundance of fruit and you will love getting your daily snack from the local stalls. On top of all the exotic fruits you can dream of here are a few more that you might have never even heard of:
1. The breast milk fruit (vú sữa): It is name after the sweet milky juice inside.
2. Rambutan (chôm chôm): A small, “hairy” red fruit that is peeled open to reveal a juicy center and hard nut. Closely related to the lychee.
3. Mangosteen (măng cụt): A deep purple and not particularly attractive fruit that can be cut open to reveal a sweet translucent pulp. Believed to have cancer-curing properties.
4. Custard Apple (mãng cầu/na): A green, “scaly” looking fruit that is either soft or hard depending on the species and ripeness.
5. Green dragon (thanh long): Know as dragon fruit, this flamboyant red fruit can be easily peeled when ripe to reveal the white gelatinous flesh dotted with tiny black seeds. The fruit is both sweet and sour.
6. Jackfruit (mít): There are lots of verieties of these large yellow fruits, ranging from small and juicy to large and crunchy
Nguồn: Vietnam paradise or hell – Giang Pham